Summer Fundays at The Lawrence!
May 28 – August 15, 2021
Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Admission: $16 (FREE for Members*)
*All tickets must be purchased in advance.
We’re really excited to welcome back our Members and friends with a whole summer full of exploration, discovery, and fun. Starting Memorial Day weekend, join us every weekend outdoors on our scenic plaza for some of your favorite, engaging, hands-on activities from The Lawrence. Take in our famous view of the Bay, climb on our DNA sculpture, and explore Giant Geometry, Ingenuity Challenges, and so much more. To keep everyone safe, we’re limiting the number of visitors, so please reserve your spot in advance. We can’t wait to see you!
Summer Fundays at The Lawrence will explore three fantastic themes, offering plenty of new activities for returning visitors:
Motion Commotion (Friday, May 28–Sunday, June 27)
Learn about motion, energy, and mechanics while designing, building, and testing your own creations, including ramps, catapults, and pinball machines, all made out of everyday materials!
Math Madness (Thursday, July 1–Sunday, July 25)
Engage in hands-on math activities while exploring angles, patterns, structures, and shapes to construct your own designs!
Fun in the Sun (Thursday, July 29–Sunday, August 15)
Discover the science of sunlight while you're having fun in the sun! Observe light and shadow through a series of solar science activities!
Although access to our building is restricted, we have made the following amenities available so your visit can be as enjoyable as possible:
The Lawrence Discovery Store
The Store is open for business—featuring great toys, books, and science kits.
A limited selection of tasty grab-and-go salads, sandwiches, snacks, and cold beverages from our Bay View Cafe will be available for purchase in The Discovery Store.
No need to go inside, since portable restrooms are conveniently located adjacent to the plaza.
All guests must reserve timed-entry tickets in advance.
General Admission $16 per person ages 3+
- Members and those under 2 years old enter for free
- UC Berkeley staff/students enter for free
Everyone needs a ticket, including Members, free admission categories, and visitors 2 and under. Please select the appropriate ticket type when purchasing. See our FAQs for verification requirements.
As limited spots are available, please make sure to check your dates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your 30-minute check-in window begins at the time listed on your ticket above. Please arrive within 30 minutes of the beginning of your check-in time. If you arrive after your 30-minute window, we will accommodate you as space permits.
To manage capacity, everyone needs a ticket, including Members, people in the free admission categories, and even kids under 2 years old. Please select the appropriate ticket when purchasing. Discounted tickets will be verified at the entrance. See our FAQs "Discounts" section (below) for verification requirements.
As we are working with reduced capacity, only a limited number of tickets are available. Thus, advance tickets are required, and tickets are nonrefundable and nontransferable unless The Lawrence needs to cancel due to weather or atmospheric conditions.
Masks are required for all visitors 3 years old and up. Please observe standard social distancing. We follow the requirements of the University of California, which may be more stringent than those of state and local health departments.
All activities and amenities take place outside. The building is being used as a safe space for our summer campers, and to create an all-new experience for you when we reopen safely this fall. There will be no access to the building during Summer Fundays.
We do offer some discounts for various groups. To receive these discounts (listed below), please select that ticket type when you purchase. For discounted tickets, please be prepared to show proof of qualification at check-in. If you can't show proof of qualification, then you will need to purchase tickets onsite:
- The Lawrence Membership: Free for the named adults and the children in their households. If you had a membership that expired between March 2020 and December 2020, you will receive an automatic 3-month extension. You must show a valid picture ID.
- Museums for All: Those receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) receive free admission for up to 6 people. You must show ID and EBT Card.
- UCB Affiliate: UC Berkeley students and staff receive free admission for the staff/student only. You must show UCB Photo ID Card.
- Current ASTC reciprocal museum membership: Members at participating institutions outside the local area receive free admission for 2 adults and the children in their household. You must have ID and membership card.
- Current ACM reciprocal museum membership/ASTC local institutions: Members of ACM and select ASTC local institutions* receive 50% off admission for up to 6 people. You must have ID and membership card.
- Lawrence Hall of Science Guest pass: One individual guest pass (orange pass) per person, or a Family Guest pass (yellow pass or barcoded PDF) for up to 6 people.
Lindsay Wildlife Experience, Chabot Space & Science Center, The Tech Museum of Innovation, Curiodyssey, Bay Area Discovery Museum, Children’s Creativity Museum, Happy Hollow Park & Zoo, and Explorit Science Center
If you would like to bring an organized group, please contact our Sales Office at email@example.com.