Virtual Birthday Parties
Bring the excitement of a science-themed birthday party to your home! Guided by your personal Party Host, your child and your family and invited friends will investigate an animal of their choice or explore the properties of common ingredients to create the very best “slime.” We provide the Zoom room, an enthusiastic Party Host, and a list of easy-to-gather materials—you provide the guests! The party ends with a rousing celebration of the birthday child.
Cost: $315 Members, $350 non-Members
45-minute, presenter-led activity for up to 20 children online
All participants will need a computer or tablet with a good internet connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
There is limited availability, so book now!
Bring the joy of an Animal Encounter to your own home! Sharks, Geckos, Chinchillas, Ball Pythons, oh my! What animal would you like to learn more about? Together we will learn to make careful observations about your chosen critters and try to answer some of your questions about them. At this virtual party, the birthday kid gets to choose one animal from our list to investigate and explore in an interview with one of our Animal Experts. Please note that this party does not present live animals.
Enter the Slime Lab! Become an expert “Slime-ologist” as you explore the properties of slime and its components! You and your partygoers will get to choose a variety of ingredients to create the “ultimate slime recipe.” What will you create?
- You will enjoy a private, 45-minute virtual workshop with a Party Host from The Lawrence in a hosted Zoom room with capacity for all your guests (up to 20 kids total).
- You may celebrate for an additional hour in the party room after the workshop is over.
- Within 48 hours of purchasing your party, you will receive an email from us to pick your party topic, and will receive a link to send to your guests for registration.
- In the week before your party, you and your guests will receive a link to register on Zoom for your party time. You will also receive a call from your Party Host to go over any last-minute details.
- For a list of materials needed, see our FAQ.
- Questions? Please email our sales team. We are always happy to assist you!
For all parties, each participating household should have a computer or tablet with a good internet connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
For Animal Investigations, each child will need:
- 1 or 2 pieces of writing or drawing paper
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- Flat surface to draw on
For Slime-ology, each child will need:
- Contact solution
- Baking soda
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- 2 ziplock bags, sandwich size (or containers to hold 2 batches of slime)
Optional “Secret Ingredient” materials
- Food coloring/glitter
- Shaving cream
- Instant snow
- Foaming hand soap
Within 48 hours of purchase, you will receive an email from our Sales staff with a link for your guests to advance-register for your party. In the week before your party, you and your guests will receive a link to register on Zoom for your party time, and you will also receive a call from your Party Host to go over any last-minute details.
You can log into Zoom a few minutes before the start time of your party. Our Party Host will admit you and your guests to the Zoom room. We recommend taking 10 to 15 minutes before the party to gather all your supplies and prepare some space to draw.
While your Zoom room can comfortably accommodate many people, we limit the number of kids at the party to 20 or fewer, including the birthday child. That way, all kids can have a chance to directly engage with and ask questions of the party educator.
Your workshop lasts 45 minutes. If you wish to continue celebrating with your guests afterward, you are welcome to stay in the Zoom room for as long as you like (you will be made a cohost).
Each party begins with a quick introduction. Your Party Host then leads kids through a variety of explorations and interactive activities. During the entire time, kids are asked to investigate and explore with the Host. Adult participation is welcome and encouraged. Each session has the option to conclude with a group sing-a-long of “Happy Birthday” to the birthday child.
Still have questions? Email our sales team. We are always happy to help!