Young Explorers Experience
Many experiences in our science center are designed for children in kindergarten and under. Safe and exciting spaces are set up so young kids can use their natural curiosity to explore cause and effect, interact with hands-on exhibits, and investigate interesting objects and materials. As a parent of a young child, you are the best person in the world to spark, support, and sustain your child’s sense of discovery and excitement. Come out to play!
Visitors in kindergarten and younger have this multisensory play area all to themselves.
- Discover geometry by stacking, connecting, and building with our giant blocks and shapes.
- Design raceways and explore acceleration with our gravity wall.
- Enjoy books that emphasize key concepts for young children in our cozy reading area.
The Nano zone can be lots of fun for our smallest visitors. Balance an assortment of blocks on a tippy table, have fun with magnets, and see just how small a nanometer is (and how big you are in comparison) by measuring your height, feet, and hands in nanometers.
Build, stack, and construct with our collection of thousands of building blocks. Toddlers love them too!
Playing in our outdoor science park is like taking a trip to the banks of a river. Kids can control the water flowing from a simulated Sierra Nevada, dig in the sand on specially designed erosion tables, look through a telescope, and climb around a giant sculpture.
Our 12:30 p.m. show A Sky Full of Stars is perfect for kids ages 4 to 8. Journey through an entire day to observe the sun, view the Big Dipper, and imagine pictures in the stars. Recommended for ages 4–8, with adult.
Workshops and Parties
Your child can explore space, animals, physics, or chemistry with friends and family with a fun-filled birthday bash at the Hall!
- A 50-minute, fun and interactive workshop for as many as 15 children
- Admission for up to 15 children, each accompanied by an adult
- Reserved space in a shared multipurpose room after your workshop for your refreshments, or catering in The View Café