Outdoor Science Park
Earthquakes, erosion, wind, and weather. Experience the geologic forces that shaped—and continue to reshape—our home, and enjoy a panoramic view of the entire bay.
Explore Forces That Shape the Bay:
- Ride earthquake simulators.
- Set erosion in motion at our hands-on erosion tables.
- Scope out the Bay with our powerful telescopes.
- Control the water flow from the simulated Sierra Nevada.
- See how the San Francisco Bay has developed in 10,000 years.
- Look closer at all kinds of rock with our exhibit rock guide.
- Explore our native plant collection.
Forces That Shape the Bay was made possible with support from the National Science Foundation and a generous gift from the UC Berkeley Class of 1948.