Control the water flow from the simulated Sierra Nevada, or roll up your sleeves at our hands-on erosion tables. At this outdoor exhibit you can experience geologic forces, compare rock types, and explore our native plant collection.
Outdoor Science Park
Earthquakes, erosion, wind, and weather. Experience the geologic forces that shaped—and continue to reshape—our home, and enjoy a panoramic view of the entire bay.
Explore Forces That Shape the Bay:
- Set erosion in motion at our hands-on erosion tables.
- Scope out the Bay with our powerful telescopes.
- Control the water flow from the simulated Sierra Nevada.
- See how the San Francisco Bay has developed in 10,000 years.
- Look closer at all kinds of rock with our exhibit rock guide.
- Explore our native plant collection.
Forces That Shape the Bay was made possible with support from the National Science Foundation and a generous gift from the UC Berkeley Class of 1948.