Teacher Guides are available
free on this website. We
recommend they be printed on looseleaf paper
for flexibility in removing or adding sections.
The teacher Guides have many additional Investigations
or Lab Activities with pages you can copy
and provide your students.
The Teacher Guides also explain:
- How can I customize GSS
for my students?
- How can I sequence
the Guides in a one year course?
- What will my students learn?
- What teaching methods should I use?
- How can I assess student learning?
- How is GSS related to science
- What support do I need to implement GSS?
- Who created GSS and how was it created?
for Computer Use with GSS
Professional Development in GSS
It may be highly energizing and informative
to attend the annual
for GSS teachers and teacher leaders.
At other times, GSS professional
development leaders can conduct teacher
workshops and curriculum design meetings
in GSS either at Lawrence Hall
of Science in Berkeley or at
your site. Workshops are tailored
for your school, district, and
state curriculum needs, either
to fit existing curriculum or
designing new curriculum.
- Transportation and lodging for GSS professional
development leader/instructor (if at your site)
- Materials (CDs, lab investigation supplies,
and whichever hard copy books are needed/desired)
- $1200/day for instructor time (2-4 hours
is 1/2 half day, 5-8 hours is full day).
on Spine /or Cover to
print full size image. (pdf)
Please take our web survey!